Monday, June 9, 2014

Hanging Planter Boxes


 Here is another use for recycled wood. Last year for father's day, I wanted to create something cool. I had seen one of these boxes at Home Depot and thought " I can do that." So I took some of the old wood we had collected, including old fencing and old pallets, and created these. They really are pretty easy to make and turned out nice. I made one for my husband and both of our fathers. It is just a box with sections inside and then a front piece to hold in the dirt and a back piece- (8 pieces of wood). Some of them use chicken wire over the front of the squares to hold the dirt in, but I opted not to. For the boxes I gave away, I put brackets on the back making it easy to just hang on the deck or over the fence. If you have a chop saw, tape measure and old wood, you can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment