Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Chicken burrito filling


A couple of nights ago I wanted to make some chicken tacos, not the fried kind that are so delicious, but a healthier version. I started the chicken and realized I had no salsa, no sour cream and did not want to make a run to the store. So I tried to make salsa with what I had, it was not quite right and too spicy because of the Jalapeno, so I kept adding things until I ended up with some weird sauce like stuff. It tasted too much like onion so I threw it in the pan with everything else and whalaa!! It was so good, my family loved it. We used the whole grain tortillas, which were surprisingly good, I prefer the flavor to the regular tortillas.
It turned out so good I had to hurry and type it up before I forgot what I put in there.

   




Chicken Burrito Filling

Cook Chicken breast in a skillet, then add 1/4 C of taco seasoning and ¾ C Water
In a blender add –
4oz of Cream cheese
1 Can of tomatoes
1 JalapeƱo
1 Can of black beans
1/2 Onion
2 Cloves of garlic
Pinch of parsley and salt to flavor- Blend until smooth
Add to the pan with chicken and simmer for 5 min. or until warm


Serve with some Spanish Rice and cheese in a tortilla

No comments:

Post a Comment